We were all there ….
It's in the middle of winter, and the days around work start and finish. Not funny. So let's start thinking or fantasizing on the long, hot summer days when the nights seem endless and in fact we can do something other than …. to see … work well.
We need to stick a rope, a bright spark that I'm looking forward to. What better than a summer break with the family? On the web we sit in our cold study, we look at luxurious hotels, motels, holiday apartments, and then we have a list in our eyes. A wonderful holiday destination that is only in the desired area. Well, what the hell are we saying and we're going to go further. The holiday is sparkling, enchanting, with a stunning view of the sparkling sand, with modern décor you name it – that's it. Wow! we say. Betting on a fortune. Hesitating then press the check price button. The price is flashing, we run math quickly and calculate it's really not bad. The per capita price per day is not much more than the local caravan park. What the hell. We will send an email query.
A few days later, the owner will contact us with availability, prices and bank details to deposit into the deposit. Everything is fine and so we continue, we are confident that we will have a great vacation for the family. We are sitting with a smirk smile, we are very satisfied with ourselves.
The holiday time arrives. She loads the family in the car and we go on the road. After six hours of fighting on the roads and other drivers, I feel tired, the family is saddened to have to sit in a car that meets the holiday needs and our partners complain about the migraine that children are constantly fought for. Your goal will not be available soon.
And then we are there. The owner has clearly provided us with a map. It must be a bit sketchy, but he was on London Tube. How hard will it be to find a holiday home? Your partner with upcoming migraines is navigating to you and tells you he can not justify it. What do you mean the highway? There are still 10k to the beach. Ahhh, you enjoy yourself comfortably, the vacation was private. The coastal side of the beach is all part of the plan. The bitumen road will change to gravel, and some additional tiny, sloping crawl paths will resemble a goat track that will inevitably swallow the car at one of the stunning crevasses. The beginning of nervous sweat on his forehead. But your heart is relieved when your partner yells "Here it is!" The car goes into the driveway and twitches as the branches twist over unobtrusive bushes on the side of the car. We'll all be okay. & # 39; you're right for yourself. The house appeared, a strange forest house surrounded by freshly cut lawns and bushes. You are staring at the hard, indigenous forest around you. This can not be right. Grab the map and check it again; you are sure your partner has made a mistake. No mistake.
You watched your partner whose face was frozen for immobility. Your teenage daughter, as usual, sums up perfectly the classic liner. It can not be serious! I'm not staying in that dump! & # 39; Even the boy, the adventurous soul, seems to have lost the words.
It is always hoping to climb out of the car in the hope that the beach and the stunning ocean views are removed. You have not discovered them yet. You're on the terrace and you see the ocean. The blue is a light, small, distant spot. Meanwhile, your partner reads the owner's instructions to find the keys. They both set off to reach the keys. Okay, the point of view was not quite as expected, but hey, maybe the house better.
Returns with empty hands after 10 minutes of unsuccessful search. No key. You're losing it now. Inserts the owner's access to your phone and is prepared to offer a service to the owner and becomes more and more difficult when the call is clicked on the voicemail. Resisting the urge to leave a few choices, sending a short, clean message. Call me. Now. & # 39;
Conveniently partner you'll find & # 39; an open door, and settled inside. For relief, the inner look is okay, better than expected. In a closer look, you'll find dead flies and a lot of the horror of your daughter, a big spider nest with a extravagant net on a door frame. There is a bake on the bench; fat shrunk on the hobs, and the oven resembles an open hearth. The mattress protectors are stained, the window sills are dusty, there is little choice for cockroaches that frighten the cover and horror. Your partner will find a condom under a bed. You think he finally hit the cliff wall when a whisper from the bathroom spilled the entire family to find a missed girl staring at the tile hairs. You admit the defeat. You can not afford your family to get rid of it.
Half an hour later, after exhausting all resorts in the internet area, a small victory comes. Local camping car parks and park owners' camps are happy to offer more insults and bedding for an additional $ 100 a day. & # 39; Start & # 39; you mumble while you recall the unreasonable damage to your bank account and the exciting chances of repaying MIA holders.
Yes, we were all there. So how can you avoid your vacation rental rip-off? Read these practical tips while avoiding any problems you may want to know about how to eliminate some of them.
1. Do your research. And then you're looking for more. If you find the property you want, Google's name and address. Check out which sites of other sites have properties and check the different photos to get a good idea of whether the property really looks like. Check out the property on Google Maps. Is it as close to the services as your ad claims? Check the amount of the bookings – most likely, if the property records regularly, the owner has gained a good reputation.
2. Check the terms and conditions of the website to be ordered. Do the standard terms match the advertised unique attributes, or are they generic web site terms that "take care of and do not have any responsibility"? or does it refer to the owner?
3. Take a look at what others have told you about the property. Take a look at Trip Advisor's reviews or see the valuation of the property in the Google Business List.
4. Be cautious about paying. Please read the cancellation and refund policies carefully. It's possible that you have posted on Easter or Christmas, it may be difficult to get a refund, except for real reasons. The reservation has been received from the owner for accepting other bookings for that period and as one of the most important revenue weeks – will be paid and these conditions will be covered.
5. Unless you know the owner of the cottage personally, you have previously booked the property or know someone who has paid to start the holiday business. The properties are handled by seasoned and trained property managers, standards are provided, and if they are not met, they will be improved, there will be a local office and staff that can actually be seen, and since holiday rental is a business activity and you are customer is very eager to make sure they are well cared for.