So & # 39; ve decided to make the trip, and that includes your four-legged friend. Now what? There are many things to consider before you leave and planning ahead can make all the difference in a very fun and memorable vacation or a disastrous one! Below are some tips that will help both of you to travel comfortable and simple mind your dog & # 39; s security.
- Riding Shotgun – Safety first! It's very simple. The safest way to travel with your dog in a car or crate or a dog seatbelt. This ensures that the & # 39; do not disturb while driving, and do not allow your dog to sneak out of the open door, taking a rest and go their chase squirrels! Riding in a crate or a dog seatbelt in it, the dog will be less likelihood of injury if an accident does not throw out the windshield.
- Leash and Labels – Necessary accessories. Keep your dogs on a leash or lead to hand, so if you do make a pit stop you can quickly jump out and allow the dog to stretch your legs and connect yourself (do not forget to clean up after your dog) or if it's an emergency & # 39; and there is no panic to find a leash in a hurry! And of course, you want to make sure that your dog is wearing a collar with a member just in case he does not get away from you – it & # 39; sa good idea to have a cell phone number instead of your home number so you can get in touch while on vacation, if lost.
- Emergency Numbers – Local veterinary hospitals. Do your research and find the animals in time to vet clinics and hospitals is not only a goal, but along the route to your destination just in case something unexpected happens. With this in mind, it & # 39; It s also a good idea to go through the dog & # 39; s medical records.
- Water Break – Do not forget the bowl! Not only do you have to stop often for all to remember to take a break (four-legged and two), but to pack a bowl and give your dog a drink during the stops. You and I have to keep ourselves hydrated while riding in a vehicle but the dogs do not … so just imagine how thirsty is also possible that if you do not make frequent stops.
- Enjoy Your Stay – hotels for dogs. If you can not make reservations before time, be sure to research that is dog friendly hotels will be vacationing in the area! Some hotels have the size and type of restriction, so it's really important to plan ahead for this one! Keep in mind that many dog friendly hotel is equipped with only a dog! So up and take advantage of these. These range from comfort: a special dog bed, dog, spa services, including grooming and doggie daycare.
Because the medicine can be in any position to plan ahead to make your holiday a memorable one! Unfortunately, emergencies happen, but the advanced design eliminates the added stress. So consider these tips when planning your next road trip and enjoy. & # 39; Bone & # 39; Travel!